Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On the Coffee Table: Jones Magazine

Jones Magazine On My Coffee Table

JONES Magazine is a new fashion and lifestyle publication that serves as a go-to shopping guide for multicultural women. The premier issue debuted nationally last Thursday, April 15Th. Less than a week old, JONES has already gained traction with cover girl, Veronica Webb.

The Editor-in-Chief  of Jones Magazine, Tracey Ferguson

Tracey Ferguson is the editor in chief of the magazine and it looks like she just may have a hit on her hands because she has found her target audience, (we) the under served affluent women of color. To get my fix of style with a dose of good taste, I had to read Oprah, Town & Country, Harper's Bazaar and More Magazines just to get a sense of something. Now this magazine just may do it for me if they don't abandon us for the greener pastures of Pop Culture.

As a woman I look to certain magazines who show the diverse ages and backgrounds of all women and not those who continually shun women over the age of thirty-five. I also follow the style and fashion sense of many diverse and influential women: from the beautifully iconic Sheikha Mozah ,Yurie Pascarella, Deepa Pakinathan, Pamela Joyner on up to Shala Monroque. I admire the beauty and style of all women because no one group of women possess it all.

Check out Jones Magazine here  and here

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I like this magazine to.

Divalocity said...

I guess for me it was love at first sight too.

Deanna said...

I've been hearing about "Jones" Magazine....How do you like the premiere issue??? I need to find it.

Divalocity said...

Deanna, I love it and what makes it special is that they're focusing on women who the media often shuns, those who aren't celebrities. The media ignores women who have achieved success through hard work and dedication by becoming professionals in their chosen fields. These women are just like many of us who have style and love our lives.

Ondo Lady said...

I came across Jones Magazine on the Centric TV channel. Both the show and the magazine look great and I cannot wait to see it.