Friday, July 24, 2009

Introducing Artist: Deborah Shedrick


Artist, Deborah Shedrick

Here are pictures of some of her beautiful paintings.




















I'm a woman who appreciates, loves the finer and simpler things that life has to offer and I love pretty and beautiful things and art is one one of them. When time permits, I will pick up a paintbrush, camera or a pen and create something wonderful myself, but in the mean time I buy what I like.

I'd like to introduce you all to artist Deborah Shedrick, I met Deborah during this years Essence Music Festival and immediately fell in love with her art work. Deborah Shedrick's art is her voice, her vocation and advocation, her passion since childhood. After receiving a Master of Science degree in psychology, she returned to her first love - art.

She honed her artistic skills through workshops with other prominent artist and painting became a full-time venture in 1986. Acrylic, watercolor, pastel, clay collage and mixed media creations by Shedrick are part of collections throughout the United States and abroad. Deborah’s work is vibrant, colorful and full of texture.

Utilizing a palette knife, rollers and assorted objects, she shapes color and builds texture in rhythmic patterns and brilliant eruptions. Stylistically she combines realism and abstraction as she forges a unique and distinctive expression that has found tremendous resonance with her audience.

She lets the vivid tints take over, leaving her figures elongated and suggested, in her vertical canvases with some collage materials.She has been the recipient of numerous awards in invitational and juried art shows. Shedrick states, "As I create, I reflect on the master, the author of creativity, God. I share with you the spiritualness of which my art is born. Hear the art speak to you of love, inner-peace, strength and joy."

Whether you are a novice collector or a avid collector, you should always buy what you love, artwork that reflects your culture and of the various cultures of all humanity. I, personally believe that it's important to surround yourself with history and the beauty in which our history reflects, one of triumph and perseverance.

Her paintings are beautiful! I can't wait to get them framed and hung on the walls in my home. You can see more of her work here , here and here.